When was the last time you heard about someone losing a phone and trying desperately to get it back? In most cases, you are left helpless without a lot you can do. Now though, you almost do not need a reason to panic – because there might just be an application that might help you retrieve your lost Android phone. There are plenty of apps that can send back the location of your phone by a simple install. You can install this when you buy the phone so that you can find out the location.
A new and innovative application called ‘Plan B’ takes it a significant step further – it helps you trace your Android device even after it has been stolen or lost.
Let’s consider a scenario where you have lost your android phone and do not have a tracking application installed. In this article, I shall help you to answer the query “how can you track your phone in simple steps using Plan B as your free lost phone tracker?” Please find below step-wise guide to install Plan B Android app and use it to trace lost Android phones.
Must Read: How To Find Lost/Stolen Camera.
How To Trace Lost Android Phone
- Visit the Google Play store on your desktop and search for the Plan B app. Do not search for this on a phone; it has to be a desktop version. Click on the install button and you would have the application remotely downloaded on your phone. The phone would require a data connection for this. (Refer Plan B app download link at
- Once the app is installed on your missing phone, you will receive an email on your Gmail account that informs you that your phone is being located. This will take a few minutes, but rest assure your phone is being tracked.
- The moment Plan B locates your phone; you would receive a link on Gmail that directs you to a Google Map citing your phone’s location.
- Since the phone may be on the move, you would receive a series of emails with updated location updates- so be patient about the updates and note down the addresses carefully so you can trace it down better.
- Now, in the situation that the phone is still on the move or you cannot get traced updates about your phone’s location, wait for 10 minutes. If you do not get the information within 10 minutes of downloading Plan B – text the word “locate” to your phone from another phone; the app will restart the searching process again.
- With the help of Google maps, you can figure out the exact location of the phone.
Urge that you get in touch with the local authorities before you go to retrieve your phone.
Now, apart from Plan B, there are other ways you can track your stolen phone. Some useful mobile tracking applications are listed below:
- Android’s Device manager: If your phone is, connected to your Google account, has access to internet, allowed ADM to locate your phone & allowed ADM to lock & erase data – you can locate your phone by making it ring. You can also track the device using Google maps and this can be done using a mobile browser too.
- Android Lost: This application requires an internet connection and that your phone is connected to your Google account. You can remotely install an application on the phone via the Google play store and activate it by sending a text message onto your phone. You can then login to the Android lost website and would have remote functionality of the phone. You can read SMS on the phone, place a loud alarm with flashing light, get its location, lock or erase memory and even use the camera.
With these options, safeguard your phone to ensure you never fret about losing data or your mobile device!