Dial-Up Internet connection at times is too frustrating. While life is going faster and faster over the world, even on the internet, using a slow internet connection can left you behind others. In every country, the connection speed has been improved after the use of Broad band or DSL internet connections. And if there’s no other option to look forward than a dial-up connection then follow this guide to speed up your dial-up internet connection.
Windows users, first install a good internet browser other than Internet Explorer. Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are extremely faster way to surf internet as compared to the default Internet Explorer in Windows. Thought Windows reserves 20% of the available bandwidth for it’s default updates, updating Windows using a Dial-Up internet connection is not preferable. So here’s how you can fetch those 20% of the internet connection to contribute at your on-going processes.
1. Go To Run. To open Local Group Policy Editor, type gpedit.msc at the box and hit Enter. This will open the place where you will have to set up some configuration.
2. Move down to the destination following this path. Local group Policy>>Computer Configuration>>Administrative Templates>>Network>>QOS Packet Scheduler>>Limit Reservable Bandwidth.
3. Click and “Enable Limit Reservable Bandwidth” and set the Bandwidth to Zero percent. Apply and OK to confirm down your choice.
Here some tips you should always remember when using a dial-up internet connection.
- Avoid downloading files when you are using a Dial-Up internet connection, downloading files may slow it down.
- Try to keep the number of web browser tabs as low as you can. Too many web browser tabs may slow down your Dial-Up internet connection.
- Delete web browser history, cache on regular interval. The less load on web browser, more faster it will work. If you can’t do that manually, assign that work to some software tool, CCleaner is a great utility to clean out the junk files on a specified interval to keep Windows in optimized state.
Want more speed? – Proceed with the following.
By default, your Dial-Up internet connection is set up to run on a modest speed, here’s a trick to get the most out of your Dial-Up internet connection.
1. Right click on the Dial-Up network and choose Properties.
2. From Properties, choose Configure.
3. Select the Maximum speed(bps) and click on OK.
So that way you can increase the Dial-Up connection to the fullest.
It is recommended to cut down the start-up programs as possible. Novice users can use Soluto for that. Also use a good Anti-Virus program to get rid of unwanted, potentially harmful files on your computer. This will speed up your Dial-Up internet connection for sure.
Read more tips on how to speed up slow internet connection.
So this was the guide to speed up the DIAL-UP Internet Connection. Facing any difficulty in implementing any steps, please connect with me via comments to resolve them.