Dropboxifier is one great Windows application that allows users to share and save data/applications between multiple computers by simplifying the process of adding folders to Dropbox and creating symbolic links. Using Dropboxifier, users can save, share and sync games among multiple computers, not only games, be it any application, Dropboxifier supports all kinds of Windows application.
How Dropboxifier Works?
Dropboxifier creates symbolic links which force the applications to read and write directly from Dropbox. Users can save games and other applications that they want to share with another computer, can place them in one of the Dropbox folder, creating a symbolic, which actually leads Windows Computer to read/write directly from the Dropbox rather than the usual Windows setup or from specific games/applications folder created on Windows local drive.
Don’t worry we will write a tutorial on how to set Dropboxifier. Now all your saved data, games, applications are accessible to computers associated with Dropboxifier, thus reading the same data.
- It’ll only work on PC running Windows Vista or Windows 7
- And, .NET Framework
- Dropboxifier application
- Make sure your Dropbox account is associated with two or more computer system.
How To Setup Dropboxifier With Dropbox
- Download the latest stable version of Dropboxifier from Codeplex.
- Launch Dropbox application on your computer system, and place Dropboxifier.exe(the application you downloaded in the step above) in the root of Dropbox folder, i.e. C:>>Users >> <user.name> >> Documents >> My Dropbox.
- Once done, now Dropboxifier will be synced automatically with another systems that are connected with your Dropbox account.
- Now open the Dropbox folder on your system, and create one folder into it. Say My Dropbox >> Links or /My Dropbox >> Games or anything as you wish.
- Run Dropboxifier and point the Dropboxifier folder, the one created in the step above, i.e. My Dropbox >> Links or My Dropbox >> Games. But here in my case, it’s Dropbox >> Dropboxifiersubdir. You can name it anything you want, but just make sure it’s in the right folder for Dropboxifier to work.
- It’ll ask you to create symbolic link, Click Yes and you are done setting up Dropboxifier on one your system.
- Now move over to another computer linked with your Dropbox account, run Dropboxifier from there. Link appearing in red color are unresolved links, which are yet to be linked with another computer associated with your Dropbox account. Simply click on it and select Resolve, it will turn green, indicating that you’ve successfully synced the data/applications with the other computer.
- Now users will be prompted Resolve Selection Mode, where they are provided with 4 options, Merge( merge source directory with Dropbox), Overwrite(overwrite the files in Dropbox with files from the selected directory), Delete(Delete the selected folder from linking and create a link directly to Dropbox), Cancel(Abort the process). Merge is the recommended option.
- That’s how you can enjoy your saved games profiles, other applications from one computer system to another.
There are manual methods to do that too, but Dropboxifier do that with ease and reduces Windows commands complications with which we’ve to deal in order to share/save/sync data from one computer to another. Facing any issue, please let me know.
Tips for geeks: Turn your PC into Media Server.