GTalk or Google Talk has been the leading chat messenger to be used in recent times. Its salient features include file transmission along with a secure mode of instant communication with contacts. Any user having a Google account can use GTalk for instant messaging and receive a message just as soon as he has sent one.
Now, sometimes what may happen is, if an user, logged into his account, is not present in front of his computer and he gets a message from one of his contacts in GTalk, he is unable to post a reply to the sender. His status though is displayed as “available”. This scenario may be quite confusing to the sender. We here, at Tech-Tips-Geek provide a solution to this problematic case.
Tip: Chat across the World in Google Map through On.com.
GTalk AutoReply – a Smarter Way to Reply Automatically :
Well, you turn on your machine and you are logged into GTalk. A contact sends you a message when he finds out that you are available. But if at that time you are not present in front of your computer, you cannot reply him. GTalk AutoReply is an open source software utility (with its source code available) to send an automatic reply via GTalk to such a contact. The complete process is described below :
1. Download GTalk AutoReply onto your system. The file downloaded is a “*.zip” file.
2. Unzip the downloaded file and double click on “setup.exe” to install GTalk AutoReply by following the instructions displayed.
3. Once installed, click on the GTalk AutoReply icon on your desktop to run it.
4. The AutoReply box opens up. On the right-hand top corner, enter your GTalk account user name and password.
5. In the message box below, type any message that you would like to be sent to your contact when you are unable to reply him yourself.
6. Check the box below so that the GTalk AutoReply application starts automatically with Windows, logging you onto your account in the same way as GTalk.
7. Complete the process by clicking on “Save and Enable AutoReply”. The GTalk AutoReply box closes and starts to function.
You have successfully enabled automatic replies in GTalk, so that a contact sending you a message encounters no such confusing scenario as mentioned above. Instead he receives the message you have set to be sent, so that he knows your present actual status.
GTalk AutoReply remains active as long you haven’t accessed GTalk even once after logging in. This utility, though not mandatory gives you the advantage of replying your contacts even when you are busy with your other jobs.