Searching in Windows 7 is a better experience than the previous versions of Windows as it featured with instant search option. You can search your computer, websites within from the Windows 7 explorer. That’s a great feature. But things can be done more flexible using some little tweaks. Did you ever thought about searching from the Windows 7 taskbar?
Here is a simple guide to add a shortcut to the Windows 7 taskbar so that you can easily search any thing by clicking the search icon at taskbar.
1. Right-click on on the empty space of the desktop and select “New > Shortcut”.
2. At the Create shortcut window, put the following path and hit the Next button .
3. Type a name for the shortcut and click on Finish. Here, I have put that name as “Search”.
You will notice a shortcut icon has been created on your desktop.
4. Now right-click on the Search shortcut and choose Properties.
5. Flip to the Shortcut tab and click on Change Icon.
6. Copy the following path and paste that at the location “Look for icons in this file” and hit enter.
It will browse the icons images.
7. Select the icon that you want to choose for your search shortcut. Here I’ve chosen the icon showing in the screenshot.
8. Click on OK then Apply and again on OK.
You have successfully created the shortcut for Windows 7 Search with the customized icon.
Now drag the shortcut icon by holding the left click mouse button and drop it on the taskbar.
You are done! You can search your computer from taskbar by clicking on the search icon.