We like to keep our Wi-Fi network secure using the strongest password we can ever think of. Tough luck for the intruding neighbors, but sometimes it’s pain in the butt when we ourselves forget the Wi-Fi network password.
Just imagine a situation when a new friend arrives at your place and ask for the Wi-Fi password. How do you know, your gadgets, smartphones connects automatically, but not a hint you’ve about the Wi-Fi password.
If you’re the Wi-Fi router administrator, you can dig up the Wi-Fi password through Wi-Fi router connection page. But it’s a pesky situation unless you know this simple trick to recover Wi-Fi Network password which is stored in Wireless Network Properties.
Enjoy the picturesque ride and recover the Wi-Fi network password in minutes. Be it Windows 7 or Windows 8, you can find the Wi-Fi network password using this tutorial. Both the Operating System has almost similar steps.
How To Recover Wi-Fi Network Password in Windows 7 and Windows 8
1. Right-click the Network icon on taskbar and click Open Network and Sharing Center.
2. Active network will be displayed right there on the screen(the one we’re about to explore). Though, a click on Change adapter settings would reveal all the networks your system has connected in past.
3. Click on the Active Wi-Fi network, the one with a green signal icon.
4. Wi-Fi Status window will pop-up revealing information about the active Wi-Fi network.
5. Click Wireless Properties. Another Wireless Properties window will pop-up.
6. Under the Security tab, check Show characters to see the Wi-Fi network password in plain-text.
The procedure works for both Windows 7 and Windows 8. But there is a special shortcut method in Windows 8. Let’s give it a try.
Quick Go To Method For Windows 8
Though, method aforementioned works for both Windows 7 and Windows 8, but Windows 8 users could skip most of these steps to reveal the Wi-Fi network password. Here’s how.
1. On the desktop, click the network icon. Left-click!
2. From the right slide menu, under the Wi-Fi, right click the active Wi-Fi network and choose View connection properties.
3. And there you’re, on the same pop-up, which would reveal the Wi-Fi network password.
That’s how you can recover the Wi-Fi network password without the administrator rights of the Wi-Fi router configuration. Do share, if you’re facing any problems.