One of the basic feature which is missing in Windows XP is that there’s no screenshot tool or snipping tool like Windows 7. Due to which users have to use the old school trick to take screenshots in Windows XP by using the PRINT SCREEN and paint method. Now please don’t comment I don’t about that too.
However, I would rather recommend to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7, but if you still want to stick to Windows XP which is pretty a versatile Windows OS version, here you will find this mere tool useful, to take screenshots in Windows XP just like Windows 7.
What You Need To Make This Tool Works For You
- The Tool itself – download it from it’s official source, CodePlex – Snipping Tool, developed in c#(C-Sharp).
- This application also requires Version 4.0 Full or other compatible .NET Framework to work.
Here’s how to install and use Windows 7 Snipping Tool In Windows XP
- Download it from the above mentioned link, the link is for the Windows XP Snipping Tool Beta.
- Unzip it, click on setup.exe to install.
- Once installed, users can see the black camera icon in the icon tray in the task bar.
- Right click the camera, choose capture option to take screenshots in Windows XP.
- Similar to Windows 7, it also pops-up a small windows, using which users can capture the current after that.
- Users can also take capture desired region, once the menu appear on the top of the windows screen. Just drag the mouse by keeping left click pressed and cover the region to capture. Once done, click on crop option(appearing in the top menu of Snipping Tool) to crop the selected region and click on save(from the same menu) it to preserve.
- It’s pretty simple to use which provides similar functions as that of Windows 7 Snipping Tool.
- To add, it has more features as compare to that of Windows 7 Snipping Tool, like users can crop, re-size, copy to clip-board, the screenshots too.
So, Windows XP Snipping Tool works pretty much like Windows 7 snipping tool. Please be generous on the remarks as this tool is still in it’s beta and is undergoing changes and improvements. Users want to suggest something can mail their propositions and improvements factors to the one of the project coordinator.
Related: Turn XP Toolbar into Windows 7 Superbar.
Enjoy the Windows 7 like snipping tool in Windows XP too.