If you are travelling too much and in some instance, you need to go such place where you are not getting any facility of Wi-Fi connection then Tethering is the only option you have got to keep your devices hooked up with online world.
Tethering means the ability to share the internet connection at your Android phone from other devices. This great feature is really useful and required extra data connection and also increases the monthly bill of the phone.
Due to some reason, if your mobile phone is not able to share the internet connection then it’s better to reverse the entire process. Some great developer form XDA Developers came up with some short of solutions to share the broadband connection from your Computer System to your mobile (As like about share internet connection wireless from Windows XP or createing Windows 7 wireless Ad-hoc network). Although the process is now processing as beta version with minor bugs, but still the software can be used in mobile phone to browse the internet.
Well, this tutorial will work if the user has rooted his device with a Windows OS. So, we are not reliable for any kind of damage to your device after using this tutorial; although the methods were tested successfully by us.
You must remember that the software I’d used is beta version. So, be prepared for the arriving bugs. You can use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera etc. Talking about Android Market, it is not possible to download and install application (apps) from the Android Market.
- Rooted Android Phone.
- Laptop or Desktop with Windows OS running on it.
- Completely working broadband Internet connection.
- Installed SDK i.e. Android Software Development Kit on Computer.
Step-by-step Instruction Guide:
- Click here to download reverse Tethering tool on your system. The downloaded *.zip file contains executable file AndroidTool.exe, Android APK and ADB.
- You need to extract that ZIP file.
- Go to Setting > Applications > Development > USB Debugging and enable the debugging.
- Now, you need to run the AndroidTool.exe from the extracted folder.
- Then, you need to connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- Then, in Android USB Tunnel window, you need to click ‘Refresh Devices’ button.
- Now, select Domain Name Server (DNS) from the list, which appears on the right hand side of the detected devices.
- Click ‘Show Android Interface’ button which leads to the installation of necessary app on your phone.
- During the process, if superuser app on the phone asks whether to allow ‘USB Tunnel’, then select allow the app. On the other hand, if the process fails then close Android USB Tunnel application and restart the process from the beginning.
- Reconnect to Android USB Tunnel and be sure this time you have chosen to allow ‘USB Tunnel’.
Now, you have reverse the tethered from Android phone to your System. Now you are ready to share internet connection with Android from your PC.