If you love to read comics online, you might be wondering how they create the funny comic strips. It is simple and you can create your own comic strips using some online comic generator tool.
Write Comics is one such free tool which lets you to create funny comics online without any effort. This web application lets you to add speech bubbles, interesting cartoon figures, funny backgrounds from its own collection.
Funny: You can also cartoonize your photo.
Just chose an appropriate template for background matching with your comic theme, add comic characters, place some speech bubbles to turn the comic content into a scene. Placing everything wisely will make the scene carrying interesting message for the viewers.
After creating the first scene, you would like to create second, third scenes and so on to make a complete story. You can keep every scene similar by adding the same background and characters or you can decide to show different background for different scene. Just place different bubbles for different expression to make the comic more funny and appealing.
Once you are done, you can download the scenes that you created as JPG image file and store at your computer hard drive. This service does not require any registration.
One down side of this service is that you can’t add the background image from your own collection as Write Comics does not allow to do that. You have to use only the available templates as the service gives you.
But there is a way to convert your pictures into comic backgrounds.
How to convert picture into comic
Pikistrips (now unavailable) is an online free application that allows you to create comics using your own pictures as background. Additionally, you can add animation or speech bubbles with your image. This application lets you to upload pictures from your computer as well as from any web address.
1. What you have to do is sign up for the free account in PikiStrips and click on Create. Here you will have to select the layout for your desired comic strip.
2. Next choose the size, background color, border width, border color etc.
3. Upload the image either from your computer or from any web URL.
4. you can add the speech bubbles by drag-and-drop way from the Speech Bubble tab. Add the text you want to show there.
5. In the next step you can add some additional effects to make the picture more attracting and matching with the comic theme. There are lots of effects available like turning it into oil painting canvas, grayscale and changing the light properties e.g brightness, contrast etc.
After completing everything, you can download the comic as image. You can also share it with your friends in Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites. Also learn how to cartoonize pictures.
Image credit: Ampercent