Are you a web developer or a blogger? – You must be looking for some tools to check working and quality of your websites. The, you are at the right place, we are going to discuss top 10 online web apps that can help you checking your website design quality and other features. You can check your website, feeds, link for W3C markup, how your website looks on different browsers, your website server status and page speed. These standards play a great role in ranking your website on Google and other search engines.
Check out the followings for detailed review of 10 online web tools to check your website for standard and quality.
1. W3C Markup Validation Service – This is the first important thing that you should know about. W3C allows the user to validate his/ her website by simply providing the link to HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, etc by uploading your web address to the Address box as in image below:
Here, you can also find an option for checking a part of code, Character Encoding option, Showing Source, Clean up Markup with HTML–Tidy, Showing Outline, Validate error page or Verbose output, after selecting any one of these, click ‘Check’ to validate the code.
2. W3C Link Checker – W3C Link Checker is another great tool/ option from World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). It is more widely used to check links and anchors in Web pages or in full Web sites. You can check error by providing link of your HTML or Style.css file, and then click “Check”. If there will be any error it will show you.
3. W3C Feed Validation Service – I think you can guess what it does by its name. Let me tell you that it is actually a free service provided by World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), which you can use to check RSS feeds or Atom’s syntax.
4. FAE – Which means Functional Accessibility Evaluator, it allows the user to validate the websites and get the rating according to – Text Equivalent, Scripting, Navigation & Orientation, Styling and HTML standards.
The website HTML can also be break down into sub categories link Navigation Bars, Sub-headings, Titles etc. Any changes and errors can be seen in percentage rating under ‘%Warm’ or ‘%Fail’ heading.
5. Browser Shots – It is a website to test you own site on all browser on various operating system. This is something which every developer must do to check the compatibility of their web site.
Type your website URL and click ‘Submit’ to get the screen shots.
6. Wave – It is a freeware web accessibility evaluation tool blessed by WebAIM. It uses to aid humans in the web accessibility evaluation process. In place of offering a complex technical report, WAVE provides the original web page with embedded icon and index that shows the accessibility of that particular page.
It provides you with three options:
- You need to enter your website URL in first box and click “WAVE this page!”
- If you have any kind of file which is not publicly available on the internet then you have to upload that file for WAVE evaluation. For that you need to browse the file.
- To check some HTML code you need to paste that code in the box and click “WAVE this code!”
7. Pingdom Tools – With the help of this tool you can check the page loading time of your web page and also clarify the way elements are loaded.
You can also check your server for connection speed with your web site under DNA Health and Ping and Traceroute. To complete your action you need to click ‘Test Now’ and the necessary detail will be displayed soon.
8. Web Developer Tool – You can also use this Web Developer 1.1.9 Extension, which comes for Mozilla for different purpose like Cookies, CSS, Forms, Images, Information, miscellaneous, Outline, Resize, Tools, View Source and Options.
But you have to download and add it on your add-ons extension.
9. WebSitePulse – This is a web site to test your server status, also download the complete HTML contents along with this it measures the uploading speed of the page.
10. Google Page Speed Online: As you all know that what Google is. It has greatest amount of user all around the world and it enhances its user with great online tools, one among which is Google Page Speed Online. Google Page Speed Online first analyzes the content of a web page and then gives us the clear knowledge of its uploading speed. By reducing the web page loading time you can also reduce the bounce rate and increase its conversion rate.
Apply the above tools at your website and let us know about your website performance.