Have you ever been in a situation when you lost all your important document and media files due to some disk crashing or any other technical mishap in your computer system? If yes, this is a must read write-up for you. I am going to discuss about selecting the best backup service in this piece of writing.
This is an undeniable fact that one must backup the important and irreplaceable digital files and documents. Online backup service is the best option to get-through the hitch of losing files due to disk crashing. Online backup services store your data on redundant remote servers. These services provide secure, automatic and affordable data storage services.
These online backup services let you install software on your computer system and then scan your hard drive to get all your stored files completing the first step to backup. This software encrypts and compresses your files and then uploads them to their server farms. These are the remote redundant servers protected under preeminent security.
There are millions of online backup services available on internet and the most intimidating fact is to select the best backup service for your important digital documents and files. In this editorial I have tried to help you in selecting the best online backup service which suits best to your needs.
Points to Consider
There are a few questions that need to be answered before you select an online backup service. The first question is that how much data you want to get back-up for. Some other questions you need to get answered are: Do you need version saving? Are you looking for file syncing? Do you need mobile access? And many more such questions are lined up.
Below are a few things that you need to look for before you settle up one online backup service:
- Available Space – Before paying for the service, check the amount of space provided. Check if the available space would be enough to store your files or not. You must first need how much data you want to store on the servers.
- Format supported – Make sure that the service you opt supports all types of file formats. Picking and choosing while uploading the files might be daunting at times.
- Encryption – If you are a business owner, make sure the service you are selecting is providing best data encryption. You must make sure that files you are uploading are safe.
- Automatic updates – Check if the service you are buying provides you the automatic update or not, if yes how frequent are they.
- Easy accessibility – This is an obvious requirement. Look for an easy to access online backup services.
- Technical Support – As you store all your important documents and files on the online backup service, you might some technical supports. Check if your backup service provides you the technical support or not. If yes check for the availability of the support team.
- Cost – However, compromising with security features is not advisable but buying a worthless service is also not correct decision. Make sure that the service you are paying to, is giving you the good value of your hard-earned money.
- Compare the available options – Before deciding for a particular service, look for the other options available. Compare the major features like space available, support system, accessibility, encryption and cost in the available online backup services. Go for the one providing the best features and your budget.
Let me tell you about a few reputed online backup services available presently.
- SugarSync Online Backup – This is an online backup service allowing you to share, store and synchronize your important files online. It supports both Mac and Windows and offer you the mobile access. You can reach your stored files even from your iPad or Smartphone. It’s easy accessibility makes it one of the most popular and most commonly used online backup service. You can share your files with your friends, family or co-workers using SugarSync. It provides the best encryption for your files.
- Mozy Online Backup – It has both online as well as local backup available for their clients. Company also terms it as a 2Xprotect. The best part is that you can recover your important data from your local HDD backup if you lose it by any reason. No need to worry even if your data is no yet backed on the online server. It supports both Mac and Windows operating system.
- ElephantDrive –It is considered as one of the best cloud based backup services available. ElephantDrive provides the best encryption to your important data and the security system is same as used by the federal agencies. It provides unlimited storage capacity. The best features of ElephantDrive include free trials, helpful guide and flexible deals.
- Carbonite Online Backup – This is one of the easiest to access cloud backup services. With many other features Carbonite has a unique feature that it marks the backed up files, pending files and untouched files with different colored dots. You get unlimited storage space for a very low fee with Carbonite Online Backup service.
Online backup is very important for people working or storing data on computers. One should analyze all the necessary factors considerably before selecting the backup service. The choice may differ from user to user according to the requirements and budget.