Facebook has become the hotspot for individuals, friends, businessmen and more. And not to mention adding unknown people to friend lists has become a trend, just to have that fake good feeling of how many friends I or you’ve there in my/your friend list. But how to avoid the unwanted, irritating people on Facebook, how to block someone on Facebook, how to get rid of such people? It’s easy, just you need to delve into Facebook privacy settings and there you are free from irritating people, enjoying your every moment spent on Facebook – the social network.
Related Tip: How to Get on Facebook at School When it is Blocked.
First, How To Block Someone On Facebook
- Go to Facebook privacy settings. Visit the link, make sure you are logged in to your Facebook account.
- Choose the last option from there, i.e. “Blocked People and Apps”. Click on Manage Blocking.
- Now, there are two ways to do that. Either add that person to the “Restricted List” or block the user completely by using the second option, i.e. “Block users”.
- If you want to block an individual completely, then simply choose the second option, and add either the name or email address of that person to the list. Click, Block. Then, choose the appropriate person from the pop up list. Again, click on Block.
- Now you probably, bubbling up with a question, that can’t I just unfriend it? For your information, a person not in your friend list can still stalk on your Facebook profile, but by blocking(using the method above), that person can no longer be your friend on Facebook or interact with you (except within apps and games you both use and groups you are both a member of). So, that’s the difference.
- If you wish to add someone to the restricted list, then click on “edit list”, choose your friend to be added to the list. And click on Finish.
- What happen when I add someone to the Restricted list? Here it goes, you add friends to your Restricted list they can only see the information and posts that you make public.
- So these are two ways using which you can block anyone on Facebook.
What you did, blocked someone on Facebook that you don’t wish to be blocked? Here’s how you can unblock him/her.
How To Unblock Someone On Facebook
- Just the reverse gear and you are done, visit the same page, Facebook Privacy page, I’m talking about.
- If you’ve blocked a user, then there you’ll find a list, click on “Unblock”(in front of their name). Confirm the unblocking. Presto!
- If you’ve restricted the wrong person, then edit the list by clicking on Edit list, hover the cursor over his/her Facebook profile display picture and click on the “X” button to cancel the restriction.
- That’s it.
So, that’s how you can block someone on Facebook and unblock him/her anytime you wish, don’t worry, be wild, Facebook does not notify your friends about how many people you block or unblock. That’s a secret. And I bet, Mark is good at it.