Dropbox is one of the best tool for backing up files and synchronize them between computers. But Dropbox can be utilize in various fields. It has a wide rage of usability. We shall discuss all about how to get the maximum output from Dropbox sequentially. But today I’ll introduce an amazing feature of Dropbox. You can use Dropbox to allow your reader to upload any files from one of your website page.
Generally, anyone can upload to your Dropbox account if he knows your Dropbox user name and password. But is it possible anonymously upload files to your Dropbox? Not at all!
Our workaround is to create a php script to make a browser up-loader, associated with the Dropbox account. Just confirm that your server supports PHP. After that any one can upload files by visiting the page. You can also set a password to prevent strangers to upload at your Dropbox.
To upload any file from you computer, browse it by clicking on the “Browse” button, put the password (our password is default) and click on “Upload the file to my Dropbox” button. your file will be uploaded in our Dropbox account.
How to allow your blog readers to upload files to your Dropbox account
Create the folder in your Dropbox account to allow your readers or friend to upload files
Log-in to you Dropbox account and create a folder there.
Now follow the steps below.
1. Download the script with the instructions.
2. Extract the RAR file. You will find there two files index.php and DropboxUploader.php.
3. Now open the index.php file with any HTML editor or simply notepad.
4. Find for the line (27)
$passw = "default"; //change this to a password of your choice and change the password if you want or keep it as it is.
5. Find out the line (52)
$uploader = new DropboxUploader('email@example.com', 'password');// enter dropbox credentials. Enter your Dropbox credentials.
6. Now go to the line (75) containing
<input style="display:none" type="text" name="dest" value="upload" />. Enter the name of the folder of your Dropbox account (created earlier) where you want to allow your readers to upload files.
7. Save that index.php file.
8. Create a folder in your website directory. Upload both the files index.php and DropboxUploader.php there.
Now you are done. Every one who knows the url of that directory (and also the password) can upload files to your Dropbox account.
How to utilize Dropbox uploader
1. If you accept guest articles then you can use the Dropbox uploader to let the author to upload their articles in various file format.
2. Your blog readers can upload pictures, project to share them with other readers.
3. Some one can send you some ideas.
What about your opinion? Please drop them at the comment area.