We, here at Oxhow.Com have repeatedly discussed on how to access Facebook when it is blocked. If you follow the instructions, you would learn several tricks to open the world’s most popular social networking site in your school or office. But some time situation does not allow you to access Facebook though it is not blocked. Suppose, you work in an office and your boss is sitting beside you. Anyone would hesitate to type and browse www.facebook.com in front of their office boss at their working hours. Believe me!! You can take a quick view on your Facebook account at a glance still sitting in front of your office boss. You can access Facebook from Gmail account.
Many organizations allow Gmail at their offices for the shake of correspondence. Using this facility, you can enjoy the Facebook into your Gmail account at the office desk. What you have to do at the starting is to enable a lab feature, called as ‘Add any gadget by URL’ in your Gmail account. Here, you can add the URL of the Facebook gadget, read the following tutorial.
Access Facebook from Gmail Account
1. Open your Gmail account and click on the ‘Settings’ button from the right-top corner of the account page.
2. Now, head to the ‘Labs’ tab and enable the feature ‘Add any gadget by URL’.
3. Save the changes that you made by clicking the ‘Save changes’ button.
4. Again, return to the ‘Settings’ page and you will find that a new tab called as ‘Gadgets’ has appeared.
Click on it and put the following URL at the ‘Add a gadget by its URL:’ field.
5. Finally, click on the ‘Add’ button. You are done! A Facebook gadget will appear at the bottom-left side of your account page. You can view your Facebook profile by clicking on the “Expand” link.
When you log into your Facebook account for the first time through this gadget, it will ask for granting the access permission of your Facebook account data. Simply, click on the ‘Allow’ button.
Henceforth, open your Gmail account to access Facebook in blocked condition in front of your Office boss. Similarly, you can also add any gadget at your Gmail account to access them from it.
Have any thing to add to this story? Do share with us.