Are you social media addicted or a busy IT professional? Couple of scenarios arise in a busy personal and professional life. If you work for a famous IT company and do not have the permission of accessing Facebook at the office, you are losing you social appearance. You can’t read the Facebook messages, sent from your friends or family. On the other hand, sometime too much Facebook addiction causes laziness. This keep you away from opening the Gmail or other email account. As a result, you can miss your important mails. But, there are some solution for both situations. You can read the emails as Facebook message by forwarding them from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or any other account. Similarly, you can forward Facebook messages to Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or any other email account to save them as email.
Read Emails as Facebook Message: Forward Emails to your Facebook Account
What, if you can read any email as Facebook message? Isn’t it good and time-saving – especially, for the important official emails that use to arrive at your Gmail or other email account? You can receive all those email as Facebook message at your Facebook account. Obviously, this trick will help a lot those people who are too lazy to open any other thing except Facebook. Let us see the procedure.
The first thing you need is your Facebook email id. Generally, the Facebook email for any account is email@example.com. Where “your_username” stands for the public id for a Facebook account.
How to get my Facebook user name?
1. Login to your Facebook account.
2. Open your profile or timeline by clicking on the link at the right-top corner of the page.
3. Look at the address bar and you can find your user name there.
Setting up your email account
Once you grab the Facebook email address for you, open the email account from which you want to read emails at Facebook. Here, we’ll discuss about Gmail as an example. You can apply this for any other email account also.
1. Open your Gmail account and click “Settings” from the top-right corner of the page.
2. Head to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab and click on the “Add a forwarding address” button.
3. A box will appear asking you to enter the forwarding address. Put the Facebook email address and click [Next].
To Add any forwarding address, it’ll need verification. As soon as you tap the [Next] button, Gmail sends a verification mail at that forwarding address.
4. Now, login to your Facebook account in a new browser tab and open the message center. Generally, if the email address is not in your Facebook friend, you won’t see the confirmation email as notification. To view the confirmation email, head to the ‘Other’ tab under the message notification box.
Then, open the message and click on the verification link.
5. Go back to the Gmail account tab and click the [Proceed] button. Nevertheless, you can follow the verification method by putting the verification code, sent with the verification email.
6. Once you successfully verify the forwarding address, get back to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
7. Enable the forwarding option. Now, select the Facebook email as the forwarding email.
You are done! Whenever a new mail arrives at your Gmail, it will be forwarded to your Facebook account and you can read them as a Facebook message.
Save Facebook Messages as Email : Forward Facebook Message to Email account
Facebook has recently added this new feature. You can now forward any message to any email address. This will nothing but help you to save them at a different location. It also helps to short out the important Facebook conversations in future. Simultaneously, it ensures the security of your important conversations. If you lose your Facebook account in any circumstances, you can then retrieve the Facebook messages from your email account.
How to Forward Facebook Messages
Login to your Facebook account and open the message box: https://www.facebook.com/messages/.
Select the conversation from the message list at the left side. This opens the conversation at the right side. Click on the “Actions” button and choose the “Forward Messages…” option.
This lets you to select the message(s) from the conversations. Check in the box(es) for the message(s) you want to forward. After that, tap the “Forward” button.
In the next step, put the email address and press the “Send” button. That’s it! The message will be forwarded to your email address.
Do you like this article? Drop your feedback at the comment section.