As long as the time is going on, the popularity of Windows 7 is increasing. People are eager to give it a try. But the worth of the Windows 7 operating system is not affordable for all the general user. But Microsoft allows you to download the Windows 7 and use for it as 30 days trial version. So you have the maximum30 days in hand to use Windows 7.
But there is a trick by which you can extend the trial period. There is a command by which you can extend the trial period up to three months. Also some extra tweak can extend your Windows 7 trial period to one year.
Here is the method in details.
1. Type “cmd” in the Windows 7 start menu search box then right click on “Command Prompt” and chose “Run as administrator”. You can also run the command prompt as administrator by typing “cmd” in the start menu search box and then pressing “Shift+Ctrl+Enter”.
Note: You may be asked for a password. If so then put it and hit “Enter”.
2. In the command prompt type the following command.
3. Immediately the system will prompt for a restart. Restart your computer and check the system status.
Voila! Your trial period has been extended to more 30 days. You can apply this command only three times. So here you can extend your trial period to maximum 90 day.
4. Now it is time to roll in. There is a registry tweak by which you can increase the boundary of using slmgr -rearm command.
Note: As this tweak is about to hack your registry, I recommend to keep a backup of it.
5. Type “regedit” in the start menu search box and hit “Enter”. The registry editor will open.
Note: You may be prompted for permission to access the registry editor.
6. Navigate to
7. In the right pane find out the value SkipRearm. Now double click on it and change the value from 0 to 1. Press “OK”.
You are done. Now you can apply the slmgr -rearm command for 8 times more. So you can extend the trial period to extra 250 days.
The total extended trial period is now 120 + 240 = 360 days.
Note: First apply slmgr -rearm command for 3 times then apply the registry tweak. After so you will be allowed to apply the command again for extra 8 times. To extend rhe trial period to exactly 360 days, apply the command in each 30th day of your trial period.