Since the launch of Facebook, the Facebook engineers are trying to make it more featured and secured. If you are using Facebook for a long time, you might be noticing that they have consequently rolled out some features like Facebook login email alert, Facebook Question etc for better security and user experiences.
One good thing that they integrated into Facebook is the activation of a mobile phone for the Facebook account. Once you successfully activated the phone number, you free to receive the notification messages at your mobile phone. You can select to get the notification messages in your mobile device from the account notification settings page. It will send the notification of any friend request, direct messages, or status updates in the form of SMS at your Mobile.
Although, the integration of mobile with Facebook was launched in order to receive the updates or notifications into your mobile, later they used the mobile device for the purpose of two step verification of Facebook login.
However, adding your mobile device with your Facebook profile will ensure a better security for your Facebook account as well as an advanced notification system.
How to activate a mobile phone for Facebook account
Activating a phone for your account is very simple.
1. Login to your Facebook profile and click on the Account link from the right-top corner of the page.
2. Click on Account Settings from the drop-down box.
3. On the account settings page head to the Mobile tab. You can find there the phone numbers if you have already added any one. If not then click on Register For Facebook Text Messages link.
4. An message box appears as an overlay window containing the options: 1. Choosing the country (already selected with your country name) and 2. Mobile Carrier. Select the connection provider of your mobile number from the list. If the provider name does not appear at the list, select Other Carrier and finally click on the Next button.
5. In the next step Facebook asks you to send a message to a specific number from your mobile to receive the confirmation code. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the process.
6. Once you have received the confirmation code at your mobile, enter that into the required box. Also select the option “Add this phone number to my profile”. Finally click Next to complete the procedure.
7. After the successful completion of the activation of Phone number with your Facebook account, you will get the message like this.
This will start to send the notification as SMS to your mobile number whenever someone posts at your Wall, sends a friend request and much more. You can set which type of notification message you want to receive under the Mobile tab in the setting page. You can also set the time interval that you want to get the messages.
However, you can stop receiving the messages into your mobile phone by selecting the Off button from that same page.
No doubt this is quite interesting feature of Facebook by which you can stay updated with your Facebook account without opening your computer, helpful for those persons who do not have the internet connection available for all the time.
Note: We have already discussed on how to setup Facebook login approvals a few days back. The option for activating that feature into your Facebook profile only appears when your Facebook profile is activated with your Mobile number. So activating the mobile number for the Facebook profile is nothing but also worth for the security of your account.